Friday 26 October 2012

Birds at dusk.

Birds on branches with purple sky.
I've been pretty busy this week and have neglected my blog a bit so I thought I'd better take a break and post a new image. So here it is!

I really like drawing birds and I had a lot of fun filling in the patterns and details on these guys. It started life in my favourite sketch book as a black line drawing. I then did a watercolour wash for the background and combined the two in Photoshop. Then followed many hours of tweaking and tidying up. It took a few attempts over several different days to settle on the colours and get it just how I wanted it.


7 comments:

  1. I love the details on the birds :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! That swirly background is a great backdrop for these fun birds! Great details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome i love the patterns and the background works really well :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so fun and the colours are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete