Saturday 19 January 2013

New project: Handmade Badges and Brooches.

Shrink plastic badges of birds

Here's a sneak preview of my latest project for Pocket Wren. I am experimenting with shrink plastic to create handmade badges to eventually sell in my Etsy store. 

The badges are created by either drawing or tracing an image from my sketchbook onto the plastic using a Sharpie permanent marker. The original images are considerably larger than the finished product as they shrink down during the heating process. They are then coloured using a combination of markers and coloured pencils. After cutting round them, I heat them in the oven and flatten them whilst they are still warm and pliable.

I intend to seal them with a varnish coating and fix either a brooch pin or magnet to the back.

I've still got some playing around to do with them to get them perfect for my shop but hopefully they should be on sale soon. I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment